Mrs. Anderson's Baking Brotform Bread-Proofing Basket, Oval
- Mrs. Anderson's Oval Brotform Bread-Proofing Basket for supporting, and adding structure to, softer bread dough while it rises (proofs)
- Hand crafted from palmwood rattan from Indonesia with a removable cotton-linen blend liner; measures 9.625 x 6.125 x 3.25-inch
- Coiled texture, along with dusted flour, helps add a beautiful artisan finish to homemade loaves of bread
- Reusable; strong and durable to outlast thousands of uses
- Hand wash basket with hot water only (no soap); wash fabric liner with warm, soapy water; air dry thoroughly between uses
Mrs. Anderson's Oval Brotform Bread-Proofing Basket, or banneton, is specially designed for professional and artisan home bakers. Perfect for proofing softer bread dough that requires added support, this baking accessory provides structure and shape during the dough proofing (rising) process. Its coiled texture helps add an artisan beauty and professional finish to homemade loaves of bread. Hand crafted from palmwood rattan from Indonesia, it's strong and durable to outlast thousands of uses. The removable cotton-linen blend liner, plus a dusting of flour, prevents dough from sticking and adds an even deeper decorative appeal. It's ideal for proofing softer doughs, like Irish soda bread, sourdough and French bread, but can be used for adding decorative interest to any bread dough that requires proofing. It's easy to use. Simply place the cloth liner inside the basket, dust with flour, add kneaded dough, and allow it to rise. Bake on a baking sheet, following recipe. After each use, brush out excess flour. Hand wash liner with warm, soapy water. Hand wash basket without any soap. Air dry thoroughly before storing. Instructions included. Mrs. Anderson's Baking, a go-to brand for the home baker.